Site of Action Poster
Our Herbicide Classification Poster categorizes herbicides that are commonly used to control annual bluegrass. These categories are based upon unique binding sites and mechanism of binding within a plant. Practitioners should use this information as follows.
- When herbicides are used, diversify sites of action between years and within seasons.
- Emphasize both preemergence and early-postemergence means of control, which effectively reduces the amount of annual bluegrass exposed to postemergence strategies.
- Use labelled rates at appropriate timings and stages of growth.
- Use multiple herbicide sites of action (SOAs) with overlapping spectrums of weeds controlled.
- Scout after application and avoid allowing weeds to go to seed or proliferate vegetatively.